cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Using SPD cleats on those road shoes, you will be risking a broken ankle or a fall on hard floors, probably with a tray full of coffee and cake. SPD cleats are designed to be used in a shoe with a recess in the sole.

Don't buy Look Keo pedals, the quality is terrible and they will start to wear and click quite soon then the pedal body will unscrew off the cartridge. Guess how I know this? After returning two pairs and writing to the importer (and receiving a complacent reply) my son and I gave up on Look and fitted Shimano SPD-SL pedals to both our bikes and don't regret it one bit; they are the better pedal by a country mile. Or thousands of miles actually.

The cleats are wider and so more stable when walking and they also have rubber buffers, which are more robust than with Look.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Don't buy Look Keo pedals, the quality is terrible and they will start to wear and click quite soon then the pedal body will unscrew off the cartridge. Guess how I know this?

That's what happened with my SPD-SL. I now use Exustar, heap, easy in and out and very light.

Top Bottom