cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bonj said:
another thing I don't know about cleats.
Is whether they are multi-release (i.e. can release by twisting inwards or outwards as opposed to just outwards) a function of the pedals, or a function of the cleats?

Tis a function of the cleats innit.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
domtyler said:
If you really want to get rid of this problem altogether though, upgrade from SPDs, which are basically made for old people and those who are not too steady on their feet to proper road shoes with decent cleats like SPD-SLs.

Typical southerner, throw money at it.

Some of us Northerners ride MTBs as well, better off having one system and one set of shoes and a wedge in your pocket.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

gambatte said:
Typical southerner, throw money at it.

Some of us Northerners ride MTBs as well, better off having one system and one set of shoes and a wedge in your pocket.

i think he was taking the piss 'cos he knows i don't agree with SPD-SLs. :ohmy:

but yes - not just better, logical as opposed to completely nonsensical to have two different pairs of shoes, not only that but one of which you can't walk in so have to change when you get to work. So you need three pairs of shoes to ride two bikes. :biggrin:.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Downward said:
Does anyone know where to get or what size the bolt is for the Shimano Cleats ?

probably needs to be the specific one as it has the countersunk head.
ask in a LBS they've probably got a bits box they'll rummage in to find one for you.

yenrod

frog said:
I don't thnk for one second you'll be able to get just the plate. Shmano aren't going to pass up the chance to sell you something you only need half of now are they?

As for getting a loose one from the lbs? I'd take a guess and say you're not the only person to fall into this hole so the liklihood of them havine one layng around is so slim.

Buy the replacement parts and learn from your mistake. If you can tighten a screw a bit tighter then it's probably tight enough. Something we've had to learn over the years and you're getting for free :biggrin:

The downside of home maintenance is you break things. The upside is you only make that mistake once.

Thats where SKILL comes in :ohmy:

Top Bottom