cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
They look like they'll fit the shoe ok, but read the reviews because one person who bought them had trouble clipping in because of the design of his pedal.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They are the same cleats. But I can imagine it will be a devil to walk in if you attached them to the road shoe. even with the extra bits. And echo what SJ said about clipping in.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i haven't got those pedals so i should be ok. having said that, can i just transfer my normal MTB SPD cleats on the shoes? I just don't want to go to the cost of replacing my pedals that's all.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes your spd's will fit. But there will be absolutely no grip on the shoes.... but hey you know that already.
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
They are the same cleats. But I can imagine it will be a devil to walk in if you attached them to the road shoe. even with the extra bits. And echo what SJ said about clipping in.

aren't all cleats a devil to walk in on road shoes???? last time i wore a pair i was like bambi on ice and that was a Look cleat.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
aren't all cleats a devil to walk in on road shoes???? last time i wore a pair i was like bambi on ice and that was a Look cleat.

they are indeed.
Tried road cleats once and lasted a couple of months. Changed over to mtb's and have done ever since.

They're not easy to walk in but I don't think they're any harder than walking in heels for example. Soles that don't bend, perculiar weight distribution.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
ha ha yes, that is my advantage, i walk in heels all the time. It's just the opposite, heel down instead of heel up :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
IMO, this is not a good combination. The shoes look great. But, personally, I would not mix them with SPD pedals. If you are still in the deciding position, I would recommend getting proper road pedals; Look or Shimano. I started with this combo and the problem is that the cleats are too small and do not give good balance or support when pedalling.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Oops too late :whistle: new shooooooos are on their way

well, if they are crap with my pedals and i fall in love with the shoes i will have to change my pedals :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hello Buggi, the road spd cleats with the extra bit will fit those shoes and the extra bit is to help when walking

Top Bottom