clicking noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael86

I have had my new bike for about 5 weeks, but now I'm getting a clicking noise from the back wheel. Its there if I pedal or coast. I would be grateful if anyone would know what it is making the noise.

MisterStan

Label Required
Can you be more specific? Each time the wheel rotates for example? Does it click when you spin the wheel when off the bike?

Reactions: mjr

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's the lollypop twining your spokes to sound like a motorbike.

If it's a once a revolution check nothing is caught in the tyre or there isn't a buckle. Can you replicate the noise by lifting the bike and spinning the wheel. Check for loose spokes (or broken ones)

MisterStan

Label Required
Does it click when you spin the wheel when off the bike?

It's the lollypop twining your spokes to sound like a motorbike.

If it's a once a revolution check nothing is caught in the tyre or there isn't a buckle. Can you replicate the noise by lifting the bike and spinning the wheel. Check for loose spokes (or broken ones)

I think that's a TMN to me! :tongue:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Mmm, could be one of a few things...have you checked the wheel alignment in relation to the chainstay and / or the position of the brakepads? If that's fine, it could be spoke movement...could be a dirty hub.

albal

Guru
I found the clicking noise on my bike to be a dry pedal thread. This was after 3000 miles touring. I was convinced it was drivetrain also.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Check your spokes, and spoke tension. I'll go along with @Turbo Rider and say the hubs could use a good going over as well, if you haven't done that already.

Kbrook

Veteran
Mine was clicking earlier in the week. Sprayed some gt85 where each spoke crossed over and touched, cured. I've had this before seems a common problem. Another easy fix is that bloody nut on the valve that always comes loose, make sure that's done up.

Tojo

Über Member
[QUOTE="Kbrook, Another easy fix is that bloody nut on the valve that always comes loose, make sure that's done up.[/QUOTE]

If you put an O-ring on the valve stem before you screw the nut on it has something to seat on and doesn't click on the rim.......:thanks:

Top Bottom