Clicking sensation on Achillies Tendon whilst cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bayerd

Über Member
A couple of times recently I've noticed that on the back/up stroke on my left leg a clicking sensation on my Achillies Tendon. It doesn't result in any tenderness or soreness either at the time or afterwards.

Does anyone know likely causes? Could it lead to something more serious?

Hockeynut

Über Member
I get this too, never known why. I have broken this ankle before years ago when I was a kid.

One doc tried to attribute it to a back (slipped disc) problem I had quite a while back... I'm not convinced though!

Broadside

Guru
I get this when walking downstairs for a couple of days afte a big ride. I have tried massaging the area that 'pops' or clicks and found that as I manipulate the tendon I can make it happen again. I think it is due to tendons overlaying each other and snapping in to place but I am no expert.

I had originally worried it was a symptom of something serious but I've had it for a year now with no I'll effects or pain so I just expect it now. Just keep a lookout for associated pain incase you are developing tendonitis and ensure you do adequate post ride calf and Achilles stretches as they are your friend.

Top Bottom