Clicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have noticed a clicking sound as I peddle, it starts for a few minutes the stops and then starts and stops
Any ideas what this ciould be it was doing it when I was coming home from work last night

Regards Iain

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
check your chainring bolts are tight.

Try and establish when,

If it happens regularly in time with a pedal position - look at the pedals / cranks / bracket etc.

If it happens regularly but is in sync with say 3 - 4 turns of th epedals then look at the chain

If it happens regularly, but is not synced with a pedal position, (less than one rotation) look at the rear derailleur

gbb

Legendary Member
Not likely, but worth a look next time to make sure its not something as simple as a lace hitting the crank or frame (if you wear shoes with laces)

Mark_Robson

I had the same on my MTB and I tried everything to track it down without success. I eventually found the solution when I switched the pedals, it turned out to be a collapsed bearing in one of the pedals.

georgiebuzz

I have had this problem, and what I found in my case was it was actually the seatpost, you get dirt and rain between the tube and the seatpost, it dries out and makes a "clicking" sound when you turn the pedals. So try taking the seatpost out clean it along with the seat tube and seat clamp, put a small ammount of lube on and see if that works. It is worth a go "IT'S FREE"

TechMech

Mark_Robson said:
I had the same on my MTB and I tried everything to track it down without success. I eventually found the solution when I switched the pedals, it turned out to be a collapsed bearing in one of the pedals.

After hearing a clicking sound from the right hand side when I was out on Sunday, I've just uncovered tonight this very same problem, and on a pedal that's only 2 months old!

Top Bottom