Climate change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
The last time i can remember a white christmas,was 1976 i think?Cant remember one where i live since then,and winters are not as cold,summers not as warm.Does anyone find this?

i've got the heating on.

L

Noodley

col said:
Seriously?id love one this year,but i wouldnt bet on it.

I'm sure I took a few photos, I'll have a look and post one if I can.

(edit - must still be on the camera as not held on the computer)

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
1976 and 77 were the best years of my life.

Boney M, Grease, there were loads of flying ants coming out of paving stones around those summers

Then the christmas snow, chucking the cat into the drift as his christmas present, super-8ing it, and then tying him up to a little chair with a red dot on the back that I nicked from infants school

And making The Harbinger of Truth watch his misadventure all over again.

Cinema style

It was a good period wasnt it.i remember the summer of 76 very well,red hot for weeks,and pinstripe suits where in,do you remember them?

papercorn2000

1995 was REALLY cold. I remember sweat freeezing in my hair when I went running and my camelbak freezing solid in about ten minutes!

There wasn't a huge amount of snow tho' I went climbing in Glen Coe and because it was so dry, there was next to no frozen snow and the ice was very thin.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Who the frig wants a white Xmas? The only people who like snow are skiers or saddos who spend all their time at home looking out the window.

It's bollox weather.

Tim Bennet

Last truly white Christmas I had was in Florida. It killed all the palm trees and ruined the orange harvest.

As there were no gritters or snowplows available, the roads were chaos, especially as all the locals had absolutely no idea how to drive in those conditions. Despite the roads being strewn with wrecks they continue to believe that 'flooring the gas' in their V8 automatics was the way to go. Some cold, still, evenings you could stand outside the house and hear cars crashing into each other and trees etc, all over the island. Only the bodyshop owners were smiling.

I know the summer of 76 is suppose to be one of those anchor points in life, like knowing where you were when you heard about JFK / Lennon / Di / 911, but I missed it completely. I spent the whole summer climbing in the Alps where the weather and conditions were terrible. We arrives home all white and frost nipped, to be greeted with "boy, what a summer we've had! It's been red hot since the day you left" And in the days before mobile phones, internet, English papers published abroad, etc, it all came as a total shock. It was like arriving at a party just as the beer runs out.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Xmas 1995, 3' of snow, 6' drifts, lasted a couple of months.

Not here,just wet christmas day,dont get me wrong,im not keen on snow for long periods,but my son who is 13,has never seen a white christmas yet?

Top Bottom