clip on tri bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manguish

I think rule #54 applies here... :tongue:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Advice, forget "carbon". Make your priority in finding some with maximum levels of adjustment.

Length? You cut them down anyway, so length is pretty much irrelevant unless you have weird long forearms and are struggling to find some long enough.

Shape? Individual preference.

Material? Mostly irrelevant, if you were talking base bars, then maybe carbon is preferable so you can get a nice aero shaped base bar, but the actual aero bars are just pipes! Personally I would be happier hacking metal extensions than carbon extensions, at least until you know what works and can make up a set of permanent extensions. Hacking is something time triallists do a lot of!

The aero bar itself makes very little difference in comparison with the position you can achieve on them, which is why you should focus on getting ones which offer a lot of fit options in order to optimise position, rather than worry about other things such as carbon.

I have been racing constantly since march and am still messing about with my position, it is nowhere near what it was at the start of the season. Also, small changes can make a lot of difference, both comfort and speed wise. I will be further adapting my position over winter. Keep this need to constantly adjust and perfect your position in mind!

Top Bottom