Clipless-less moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Putting this here for people who are - like I was - dubious about being clipped-in

I had my first "clipless-less moment", having bought some of the clip-in reflector platforms for occasional use I had occasion to ride without being clipped in

Standing on the pedals scared me, I started and promptly sat back down and dropped to the granny ring instead...I'm SO not used to NOT being clipped in now, it just felt "wrong" to have loose feet

briank

Sheffield_Tiger said:
Putting this here for people who are - like I was - dubious about being clipped-in

I had my first "clipless-less moment", having bought some of the clip-in reflector platforms for occasional use I had occasion to ride without being clipped in

Standing on the pedals scared me, I started and promptly sat back down and dropped to the granny ring instead...I'm SO not used to NOT being clipped in now, it just felt "wrong" to have loose feet

Yeah! That's right, the feet just come slip-slidin' and bouncin' off!
It's so unsafe.:smile:

Goldfang

Have just fitted my first set of Shimano 'flip flop' pedals, ie reversible ones! Must admit, after reading some of the posts on here I was somewhat apprehensive about clipless. I have to admit, I was somewhat suprised how easy it seems, will post again when I have my first clipless moment!

Hont

Guru
Used to use reversible pedals for cycling to the shops etc. Now I just clomp around in my cycling shoes (they're the mtb type with the cleat recessed) as it's weird being unclipped now. I also noticed that my saddle was too high for wearing regular shoes.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Didn't realise quite how much I pull 'up' on the pedals until my first clipless-less moment last week. Bear in mind, on a recumbent your pedals move away > down > towards > up. There's me shunting away from lights on the way home, fail to note my left cleat hasn't engaged, whooooop!!! up goes the foot, like I'm trying to kick myself in the head.

Just about had the presence of mind to push down and towards with the right pedal to keep me upright.

Not great. Quite entertaining for all around though.

Top Bottom