Clipless pedals for trail/MTB use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
blockend said:
I beg to differ on this. Three of my bikes have double sided SPDs but one has click-flop pedals. If you keep a bike for trundling to the chippy/newsagent/off licence as well as the open road, the platform is miles better for balancing trainers than a spud.

If you have a high chip shop to highway ratio I'd opt for BMX pedals. Almost as sticky as a clip in with trainers.

Ok, the Focus isnt the most expensive bike in the world, but on the odd occasion that I go into town or to the shops, I will probably use the old Carrera. I do have the Welgo pedals on the Focus at the mo, but I find that my feet still slip off them.

monkeypony

blockend said:
I beg to differ on this. Three of my bikes have double sided SPDs but one has click-flop pedals. If you keep a bike for trundling to the chippy/newsagent/off licence as well as the open road, the platform is miles better for balancing trainers than a spud.

Thats great but the OP was talking about off road use. The requirements for which are somewhat different.

blockend

monkeypony said:
Thats great but the OP was talking about off road use. The requirements for which are somewhat different.
Correct. I re-read the thread this morning and realised the wrong end of the stick was all mine. So it's double sided spuds. There seems to be a return to BMX pedals round here among hard core MTBers, dunno if that's a local or national thing?

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Just ordered some M520s with the flat adapter plates (just in case), will be fun trying them out. Hopefully it will prevent my shins getting any more bashed than they already are :biggrin:

Top Bottom