clipless pedals wanted (used0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

hi everybody,
i have a secteur and still have the normal pedals on it, i am considering buying clipless pedals, but not sure i am confident with them, so i'mlooking for a used pair that either somebody is throwing out or selling cheaply, i will pay postage etc..
thanks in advance
mik

rich p

ridiculous old lush
hi everybody,
i have a secteur and still have the normal pedals on it, i am considering buying clipless pedals, but not sure i am confident with them, so i'mlooking for a used pair that either somebody is throwing out or selling cheaply, i will pay postage etc..
thanks in advance
mik

Hey, photo, you won't be confident from the word go as it usually takes some time to get used to them. The pedals are easy to come by I would think but you'll also need the shoes and cleats.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
i am considering buying clipless pedals, but not sure i am confident with them, so i'mlooking for a used pair

As rich p has said they are quite cheap. I got a pair of M520's for £20 off ebay Wiggle also sell them the same price and I would buy from them if I was to get them now. I also got these from EBC as my first clipless pedal for my MTB thinking I could use them with ordinary shoes if I needed to but have only ever ridden it clipless since fitting them.
You haven't said what type of riding you do but if you want to get off and walk about MTB shoes are what you should go for. Wiggle do the dhb M1 I don't know what they are like but I've got the R1 and find them pretty good. You'll need to get shoes whatever pedals you go for. My first shoes were Lidl MTB shoes. I haven't seen the Aldi shoes this year (I might have missed them) so they might be along anytime now.

Rich also said it can take some time to get used to them. If you have used toe clips and straps like I did you should find them a lot easier as you already had the mindset to think about unstrapping in advance. A lot of folks on here have been telling stories of "clipless moments" but I found that slackening off the tension and I've been able to get out no problem. Not had to do an emergency stop yet though so there is still time :becool: .

montage

God Almighty
If you have a road bike, get road pedals rather than mtb pedals, as you will only end up wanting to upgrade in the future anyway. £35 on ebay can get you a pair of SPD-SL pedals which are easy enough to use...you will love them!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you have a road bike, get road pedals rather than mtb pedals, as you will only end up wanting to upgrade in the future anyway. £35 on ebay can get you a pair of SPD-SL pedals which are easy enough to use...you will love them!

Not necessarily, Monty, it might depend on usage. I have road pedals on the bike I race around Sussexon, but mtb ones on my second bike I use for shopping etc so I can walk around town in touring shoes.

andyhunter

i have a pair of used time rxs ulteam carbon ti pedals with two pairs of cleats that i have not used since the time i clic carbon ti pedals were released if your interested in quality :biggrin: also if you need roadie shoes i have a quality used 09 pair of specialized s works shoes white/black.

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i have a pair of used time rxs ulteam carbon ti pedals with two pairs of cleats that i have not used since the time i clic carbon ti pedals were released if your interested in quality :biggrin: also if you need roadie shoes i have a quality used 09 pair of specialized s works shoes white/black.

how much do you want?

Ben M

shimano mt520s £20 from wiggle
cheap shoes £20 from aldi this thursday

job's a good 'un.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have a set of Shimano SPD pedals i don't need, one side has the clip in one side is flat. If you are interested PM me and i can send you pics.

Top Bottom