Clipless pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yes they are good. I've had the Look Keos for a couple of months now and i've got used to them.
I felt my left foot moving around too much today on my ride and i noticed the bit that holds the cleat is hanging the wrong way round. Me and another cyclist manage to do a quick fix, to get the spring on the correct side and i slowly make my way to the bike shop, not unclipping at all to try and make it not brake.
Turns out the press stud near the side of the pedal has come off. The guy at the LBS manages to push the bit through so its back together, but is still missing that stud meaning the tube could come out again, so its a lift home from mum.
Back on flats and toe straps now :rolleyes:
Going to have to wait till next week for me to be able to take it back to Decathlon, the LBS thinks they might need to be sent off so it will mean even longer on flats and toe straps.
So give your pedals a check.

ChrisKH

Guru
Given the length of time they have lasted, I would be asking Decathlon for a refund or a straight exchange as the set you have were clearly not fit for purpose. Don't get fobbed off with 'we'll send them for repair'.

Melvil

ChrisKH said:
Given the length of time they have lasted, I would be asking Decathlon for a refund or a straight exchange as the set you have were clearly not fit for purpose. Don't get fobbed off with 'we'll send them for repair'.

I'm with Chris. My clipless pedals have lasted for years and years - if there's someting wrong now it's highly likely there will be something wrong with them in the future - even with repairs!

yenrod

Joe24 said:
Yes they are good. I've had the Look Keos for a couple of months now and i've got used to them.
I felt my left foot moving around too much today on my ride and i noticed the bit that holds the cleat is hanging the wrong way round. Me and another cyclist manage to do a quick fix, to get the spring on the correct side and i slowly make my way to the bike shop, not unclipping at all to try and make it not brake.
Turns out the press stud near the side of the pedal has come off. The guy at the LBS manages to push the bit through so its back together, but is still missing that stud meaning the tube could come out again, so its a lift home from mum.
Back on flats and toe straps now ;)
Going to have to wait till next week for me to be able to take it back to Decathlon, the LBS thinks they might need to be sent off so it will mean even longer on flats and toe straps.
So give your pedals a check.

Get some...

time-rxs-pedals-aw07.jpg

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360015200&n=Time RXS Pedals

Never had mine go wrong...

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Got the receipt, just managed to find it. Might take them back tonight i think, if not then it will be next week. :biggrin:
The strange thing is its just a push stud with a spiral bit in the tube that it goes in. I was expecting a hex key bolt there that could be tightened up.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think that's a fault of manufacture - I've never had any trouble with Look Deltas in years.

Decathlon are pretty good, they will just replace the pedals.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Result!
Took them back this evening, and after half an hour talking to a guy who 'knew about bikes' i got a new set. Was a nice guy though, he let me keep the old cleats so i have a new spare set now when these ones get worn out. :biggrin:

Trillian

Dave5N said:
Well done. BTW - you don't need a receipt if the goods are faulty.

true, but it does help to prove that you are in the shop you bought them from.

also true is that "you'll have to contact the manufacturer" means nothing
you bought the item from the shop, your contact is with the shop.

Top Bottom