Clocks Going Back...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Stop playing with nature, I say leave the clocks alone, who cares if it doesn't get light in Scotland until lunchtime!? I don't live there;)xx( Ppffhhttt!!

yenrod

Prob....! xx(

Lord of the Teapot said:
Yes, that time of year again. An extra hour in bed tonight for most.

What are you going to do with your extra hour?

Me? I'm going to be working. I do not alter the clocks until I get up, then I can get working an hour ealier. :tongue:

OH! Extra tea as well :sad: :blush:

papercorn2000

WHy does it have to be on Saturday night? OK, when I was younger, you got an extra hour in the pub/club whatever, but now I would appreciate an extra hour on Sunday into Monday. THAT would be something to look forward to!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lord of the Teapot said:
I never trust statistics as they can be man-nip-ulated to 'prove' what ever point you wish to make

That's nonsense LotT and 76.34% of people agree with me:biggrin:

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
rich p said:
That's nonsense LotT and 76.34% of people agree with me:biggrin:

Rich, don't you mean 76.33%? xx(

My practical and personal experience is that there is a road on the way to work which suffers from a low sun. This lasts for a few weeks, and then just as it improves, the clocks change and we are back to stage one and another few weeks of being blinded.

I for one would be against changing if possible.

rich p said:
I agree wholeheartedly - I can't understand why it's still applied. Does anyone want it? Who are the lobbyists in favour? Grrrrrrrrrr!

Apparently it's the Scots. I see no reason why they should exercise a veto on the rest of the UK. If they wish to have their own time zone (no doubt little advanced from the days of William Wallace) then that is up to them.

jonesy

Guru
Lord of the Teapot said:
I never trust statistics as they can be man-nip-ulated to 'prove' what ever point you wish to make

Hmmm. Earlier you'd told us that the experimental hour change had led to an increase in accidents... presumably that conclusion was based on some statistics so why did you only raise the 'I don't trust statistics' objection when I referred you to a source that drew a different conclusion?

papercorn2000

Patrick Stevens said:
Apparently it's the Scots. I see no reason why they should exercise a veto on the rest of the UK. If they wish to have their own time zone (no doubt little advanced from the days of William Wallace) then that is up to them.

We need more daylight in order to have time to keep inventing things like roads, TVs, phones and computers etc for you ungrateful southerners to abuse!

Plus we need all the daylight we can get! Light at 9am and dark at 3pm for 8 months of the year!

Top Bottom