Clone phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Hi all,

Considering a new phone. I have an oppo and it's been great value so will probably get same type again.

Searching cloning oppos seems to have a fairly straight forward method but what I cannot find out is will I have to sign into all the apps again?
Most people I ask say yes, but I cannot find the answer when I search, lots of links to apps that transfer data but nothing that says yes or no you have to sign back into everything.

So can anyone help please

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes is the answer, most will require you to sign in again - mine certainly did swapping from a new-ish Samsung S20 to a S23 - the data/app swap over was straight forward, but you need to sign in on the new phone.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I changed my phone a couple of weeks ago: after I signed into my Google, all my data was transferred to my new phone over Wi-Fi, follow the straight forward instructions.
Yes, I had to sign in my apps again, also had to re-register my (non google) emails on outlook.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Argh that will be a pain, especially banking etc
Your bank will send you a text message with a code, in order to authenticate your new device ^_^
Good, no?
It's fair for your bank to suppose you only have one phone, so they must make sure it's not someone else's phone trying to log into your account.
Edit: the whole process only takes a few minutes.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
If you only do your phone banking at home, another option is just to retain the old phone (without a SIM) to use for that.

I moved from an older iPhone to a new one last year and was very surprised at the number of apps that stayed logged in after the migration. For those that didn’t, particularly financial, the process of logging back in, whilst still secure, was simplified.

My wife had a similar experience moving from an older Samsung tablet to a new one.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Yes some very good points, it is indeed sensible to have greater security when updating a phone especially with banking and financial etc.
My Google pay is still showing as 'updating' yet it works, very odd

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yes some very good points, it is indeed sensible to have greater security when updating a phone especially with banking and financial etc.
My Google pay is still showing as 'updating' yet it works, very odd

Mrs SD's (we bought 2 new phones at the same time) took a while to show 'details' in Google Wallet (presume that is what you mean) and mine showed them immediately.

Top Bottom