close overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This morning on my commute I was very nearly taken out by a 4x4 BMW on a close overtake. Missed me by inches. Caught up with it at the lights. Lady driver. "Excuse me, can you give cyclists more room, you missed me by inches", "so effin what!" was the reply. "Well you nearly knocked me off my bike". "Oh eff off" was the charming reply, she then sped off.
Caught up with her at the next lights, "Why are you being so aggresive? all I asked was that you give cyclists a little more room" she replied with "Next time I will be closer", "Well if you do, can you make sure you get up a little earlier and put some make up on, cozs when I saw your face it scared the life out of me". The look on her face was a picture...

Childish I know...but had to be said..

touche!!!! Top Marks Sir!

uGo

Stunning reply

Superb comment.:blush:
Motivated me to register and comment.
I cycle through Birmingham (UK) and generally have a good commute yet when I occasionally get an insecure/ignorant driver a comment like this is perfect to have up the sleeve.
Thanks

Tetedelacourse

I had a go at a pair of coppers yesterday on my way home. They were parked at a T-junction right at the south end of the Forth Road Bridge, and their car was parked right across the ramp cyclists go down to get across the T-junction.

I tapped on the window and they wound it down and I said "you're parked right across the cycle path". Then I began to brick it as they didn't look too happy with my comment. One of them replied "aye very good, we're waiting on a vehicle coming over the bridge that's being pursued". So I then said "OK" in a high-pitched cowardly voice and went on my way.

Does anyone else instantly brick it from the cops for no real reason?

Tetedelacourse said:
I had a go at a pair of coppers yesterday on my way home. They were parked at a T-junction right at the south end of the Forth Road Bridge, and their car was parked right across the ramp cyclists go down to get across the T-junction.

I tapped on the window and they wound it down and I said "you're parked right across the cycle path". Then I began to brick it as they didn't look too happy with my comment. One of them replied "aye very good, we're waiting on a vehicle coming over the bridge that's being pursued". So I then said "OK" in a high-pitched cowardly voice and went on my way.

Does anyone else instantly brick it from the cops for no real reason?

Another vigilante cyclist....;).............:smile:

Top Bottom