Close passing coppers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well that's a shitty bike lane for starters. It's only going to encourage that sort of thing.

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well that's a shitty bike lane for starters. It's only going to encourage that sort of thing.

I'm not sure the police should be the ones doing it though.....I also think the cross a double white line too!

D

Deleted member 26715

Aren't they all & don't they all? The mentality will be that the 1.5m does not apply although he wasn't in the cycle lane at the time.
I'm not sure the police should be the ones doing it though.....I also think the cross a double white line too!
If the bicycle was travelling at less than 10 mph (no idea if it was) then it is legal to do so, however just because it's legal doesn't mean they should have.

Tom...

Veteran
If the bicycle was travelling at less than 10 mph (no idea if it was) then it is legal to do so, however just because it's legal doesn't mean they should have.

Only legal to do so if it's necessary, and providing the road is clear; neither of which apply.

D

Deleted member 26715

Only legal to do so if it's necessary

Where does it say that?

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Only legal to do so if it's necessary, and providing the road is clear; neither of which apply.

Exactly, oncoming traffic and approaching another set of lights, so absolutely nothing to gain from pulling such a manoeuvre.

Tom...

Veteran
Where does it say that?

Highway Code Rule 129

Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe and you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary, provided the road is clear, to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less.

Top Bottom