Close Shave Mr. Mayor!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Did the guy drive off?!

Arch

Married to Night Train
No, I gather he was questioned under caution and charged with various offences. There is a thread in Commuting about it....

Apparently, he was holding the doors shut with a bit of bent coathanger....:smile:

Shaun

Founder
So was anyone hurt?

Looked to me like there were some cyclists on his nearside when the car fell out of the back and his truck swerved.

What a plonker!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
So was anyone hurt?

Looked to me like there were some cyclists on his nearside when the car fell out of the back and his truck swerved.

What a plonker!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

No one hurt. The cyclists on his nearside were a London Assembly group, including Boris, out on a fact finding ride. That car didn't fall out of the back, it was dragged along after being caught by the door that swung open. it started out behind the furthest car, and ended up in front of it....

You can only imagine what that felt like, being so close to such a bang...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Arch said:
You can only imagine what that felt like, being so close to such a bang...

Except I doubt my reaction would be to wander over to the pavement with helmet in hand looking a bit bewildered and calm (just as he normally comes across:biggrin:). I would be more terrified and emotional I suspect.

Arch

Married to Night Train
summerdays said:
Except I doubt my reaction would be to wander over to the pavement with helmet in hand looking a bit bewildered and calm (just as he normally comes across:biggrin:). I would be more terrified and emotional I suspect.

Of course we don't know what kind of vocabulary was being used in the seconds after the impact....

I suspect the real feeling might kick in after a while, once the adrenalin wears off. I was once driving a truck in the middle of 5 lanes at a junction on the motorway when the windscreen shattered into a crazed opaque mess (a stone chip off a lorry in front, I think). I simply used my wing mirrors, indicated, and pulled over to the hard shoulder. Only once I got out and after all my companions had said "F***!" a lot, did I start to feel shaky.

Shaun

Founder
Arch said:
That car didn't fall out of the back, it was dragged along after being caught by the door that swung open. it started out behind the furthest car, and ended up in front of it....

Oh, erm, yes, I did notice that first time round ... honest ... I was just testing! :biggrin:

Still, pretty mad stuff and glad no one was hurt. Imagine trying to explain that to your insurance company though!

Cheers,
Shaun :ohmy:

lech

Because, incredibly, nobody was killed this won't count in the stats, so the road is classed as 'safe'.

Arch

Married to Night Train
lech said:
Because, incredibly, nobody was killed this won't count in the stats, so the road is classed as 'safe'.

The road is safe. It's the pillock lorry driver who wants shooting.

Admin, it took me several views to work out what happened - the idea of a whole car being carried along like that is just so unbelievable...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
summerdays said:

I think I'd want a change of underwear.

Top Bottom