Closed road obsession

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of course folk can ride where and when they like. But you suggested the idea of riding the sportive course on the day of the sportive

I think that's poor form. If you do that then you're doing it because you get something from.being in the organised event even though you're not paying

If you like the route them ride it another day
Near me the best roads which I regularly ride I can pass through 2 or 3 sportives in summer weekends. Almost certainly my route will overlap many many miles.

lpretro1

Surely each to their own - why criticise the way other people want too spend their money?

OP
OP
doonhaemer

doonhaemer

Surely each to their own - why criticise the way other people want too spend their money?
No criticism intended, I was just trying to understand what the attraction of the really big ( and expensive) events is.
The thread is about closed roads events, so talk of riding on the same day without entering is not relevant, as it would be illegal.
Perhaps I am spoilt by living where we have miles and miles of roads with hardly any traffic. If every bike ride was a battle with the traffic perhaps I would relish the chance to ride on closed roads.

Top Bottom