"Clothes hanger" stands and chain maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

Looks like it could solve a problem I sometimes have, keeping the bike upright when hitching up my trailer, or wanting to park the bike and trailer where there is no wall to lean against. I keep a brick sized lump of polystyrene in te trailer to place under a pedal like the old way of leaning the bike against the kerb, but this bit of kit is flat and takes up no room.

Holdsworth

Über Member
As long as it keeps the back wheel off the ground for maintenance, I think it could be what I need. Looks to be a good, cheap stand without a £50 plus price tag
thumbsup.png

Fozz

and it shortens the wheelbase (between the front wheel and the stand) allowing me to put it on the kitchen table and save my back...although not my knackers when the wife finds out......:blush:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You have to be a little careful where you use the stand as the base is not all that wide (10"). As long as the floor/ground/kitchen table is pretty level it will be fairly stable. One point to be aware of is that the 'hook' that locates on the down tube is quite rounded (have a look at the Decathlon link) and it will not fit around some modern flattened - oval- (in the horizontal plane) oversize frame tubes - and it is very tough, and difficult to reshape without damaging the plastic protective covering.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Should have said I had to do that with to get it to fit the Secteur.

A bit of rag around the protective rubber, mole grips and a bit of effort (and you have to make a "Huuurrumpa" sound) and it goes over.

Top Bottom