Clothing on a recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starhawk

I use the first option! my long lycra pants was bought before the diaper fashion came on but when I was about to buy the shorter version called Bibs all had diapers but I finally sourced a pair from a recumbent club, they of course had no diaper, I also have a pair of shorts from my DF days they had false chamois which I cut out, stich by stich, a hefty job. All the companys which sell recumbent clothes seem to have bad pants, but their other clothes are good

Falco Frank

Über Member
Ive started struggling with this issue too now on warmer days. Aldi came to the lower body rescue as their MTB cycling shorts wtih removeable padding were just right, with the padding removed.

Sweaty back syndrome is becoming a problem, so Ive started wearing a thin base layer with a great pearl Izumi wind proof I bought AGES ago that has a wonderful total mesh back. Works well but I cant find a replacement :sad:

DaddyPaddey

If you are thinking of shorts make certain they are not to loose at the leg. On a recent trip across the Pennines, on the Grasshopper, any downhill turned them into airbrakes!

Falco Frank

Über Member
Perhaps some shorts with a drawstring in each leg might be an idea?

Having said that, I tried using some ordinary 'liner' swimming type shorts on the bike and instantly found some uncomfortable seams that I didnt even realise were there until riding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom