Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shades.5

As im in the beginners room you wont be surprised to know im new to all this cycle stuff, a few lads at work have got into mountain biking in a big way and i seem to have caught the bug, However they like the woods thing as i prefer the touring ( lots of miles) thing , i have just purchased a claude butler touring about ( approx £280 ) been told by a few that this is a good choice , I am now looking for advice from fellow tourers of what i need to get next , clothing, panniers,food, training etc and any other useful tips that may help me , and oh did i tell you on august 28th yes about 5 weeks away , im doing action 100 ride which is a ride between london and chobham ( 100 miles ) so please i need all the help and tips i can get and quick , thanks all

Foe the 100 miles in five weeks, just get in as much riding as possible before then!

If you're still quite new to cycling, pedal a high cadence (easier gear and faster pedalling, as opposed to 'grinding' on a 'harder' gear). Your fitness and stamina will come before too long.

Depending on the weather, conditions etc., it 'should' take about 7 hours or so.

For 100 miles, you'll need possibly a bar bag with power bars and gels, multi tool, spare tube or two, rain/wind jacket, sunglasses, two water bottles/cages on your bike, pump, mudguards IF weather is wet.

For longer trips have a look at the 'Touring and Expedition' section on the forum, where there is a wealth of advice on what you need, depending on the length of ride and location.

Good luck, and welcome, by the way! :biggrin:

Top Bottom