clubs near cannock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simo105

Hi just wondering if anyone is apart of any clubs near this area? Or if anyone rides in this area?

After several hours of deafening silence, it might be time to add my tiny amount of knowledge. I live 8 miles from Cannock and the clubs I see are these:
Wolverhampton Wheelers - a big club with a proud history. Met the chairman recently and he seems a good guy.
Stafford Road Club - often round our way on club runs. Apart from a slight problem with carelessness around horses (my wife got cross with them about this) seem nice enough.
Walsall have a club. Know nothing about them.
There is a Wrekin Club. Even less known.
Newport always friendly.
Not very helpful I know but a start!

I ride with an odd club of mostly very old people ( I am one of the youngsters at 64) who pedal slowly round the lanes on a Tuesday. I think it is called the Thursday Club. It has no organisation, fees or membership. Probably not what you are looking for!

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Ha ok. Out of interest where abouts do you ride? Im from burntwood near cannock and looking for some places to ride?

WE mostly get out into the Shropshire lanes and visit pubs like the Wheel at Worfield, Hartley Arms at Wheaton Aston, Seven Stars Beckbury, Red Cow Ackleton, Boat Gnosall, Swan Whiston to name a few favourites. We are all retired people so Tuesdays are fine for us. I guess you are younger and have the W thing in the week.

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Yes I currently work im guessing you live towards Shropshire then! Cheers for your advise. I may try a trip thru the Shropshire lanes

Plenty of good riding lanes to the north out towards Blithfield and Abbots Bromley. The Bull and Spectacles is superb for food and a great welcome. We went that way back in June.

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Yes im thinking of going that way soon. Ive been past the power stations in rugeley but aint got the balls to head up to abbots Bromley. Im hoping to do the evans ride it, in cannock chase which goes that way on sunday

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes im thinking of going that way soon. Ive been past the power stations in rugeley but aint got the balls to head up to abbots Bromley. Im hoping to do the evans ride it, in cannock chase which goes that way on sunday
I think i have done that one a while back, marchington cliff was fun :smile:

I live near cannock. I was a member of Walsall Roads club. Great club that has a social meeting once a week in Aldridge.

They do a Saturday ride and a shorter Sunday ride.

Now I know that I said Walsall but their regular weekend rides meet in Station road in Great Wyrley, in the car park opposite the church.

They also pick riders up on the way through their ride. They did pick up riders in South cannock as this is along their normal ride route.

They have a website, but best to contact them. They are a really friendly club with a long history.

This is the closest club that I could find to cannock

Good luck.

Top Bottom