clubs near cannock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Ok pal cheers I shall give them ago

Feltman

I ride with an odd club of mostly very old people ( I am one of the youngsters at 64) who pedal slowly round the lanes on a Tuesday. I think it is called the Thursday Club. It has no organisation, fees or membership. Probably not what you are looking for!
Hi, just saw your post as i was looking on the internet for a group to ride with.
I'm 67 retired and looking for something like the group you ride with. Room for an extra set of peddles? I live in Stone and enjoy off road and quiet lanes, preferably downhill.
Steve.

Feltman

Bakers Way car park. Codsall, near Wolverhampton. 10 o'clock. Every Tuesday.
Hi Apollonius, was that an invitation for Tuesday?
I lived in Codsall for 45 years at various locations.
Although it's a bit far from Stone where I live now it would be nice to see Codsall again.
Do you ever cycle over Cannock Chase?

It is a bit of a long way from Stone to Codsall! Yes, of course you would be welcome. Our format is that we ride around 10 miles to a coffee stop (Cosford RAF museum this Tuesday) and then on to lunch at a pub (Masons Arms Kemberton, this week.) After that people generally make their own way home in groups going to wherever is home. The pace usually averages around 10mph. Social. Absolutely no drop. No rules, no membership, no liability!

I also lead a Friday ride from Penkridge, which is a bit more formally organised as it runs under the South Staffordshire Cycling Scheme banner. You can find out about our adventures on Facebook if you search for that.

Feltman

It is a bit of a long way from Stone to Codsall! Yes, of course you would be welcome. Our format is that we ride around 10 miles to a coffee stop (Cosford RAF museum this Tuesday) and then on to lunch at a pub (Masons Arms Kemberton, this week.) After that people generally make their own way home in groups going to wherever is home. The pace usually averages around 10mph. Social. Absolutely no drop. No rules, no membership, no liability!

I also lead a Friday ride from Penkridge, which is a bit more formally organised as it runs under the South Staffordshire Cycling Scheme banner. You can find out about our adventures on Facebook if you search for that.

Feltman

Hi again, Yes that ride on Tuesday sounds good for me.
I'm going to come over.
I'll aim to get to " Bakers Way car park " for 9:45.
I'll be in a white Renault Twingo
DV12 YUV
My mobile 07414978116 should I not find you by 10:00 am.
Do you know how long I can park on this car park?
Regards,
Steve.

iandg

Legendary Member
Started my cycling with Stafford Road Club back in the 70's and had a short period with Walsall Roads before moving North.

Used to be a Cannock Clarion in the 70's but that folded. Are Brereton Wheelers still going?

Senior67

Started my cycling with Stafford Road Club back in the 70's and had a short period with Walsall Roads before moving North.

Used to be a Cannock Clarion in the 70's but that folded. Are Brereton Wheelers still going?
Hi Wicker Man,
Yes Brereton Wheelers as a club are still going strong as I understand, where about near Cannock did you live ?.

iandg

Legendary Member
Hi Wicker Man,
Yes Brereton Wheelers as a club are still going strong as I understand, where about near Cannock did you live ?.
Stafford. Still in touch with a few of the old Cannock Clarion members. Also rode with VC Europa and Halesowen. Moved to Streetly in the 90s and had a couple of years with Walsall Roads

Last edited:
Top Bottom