Coast & Castles July 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User19783

Just seen the weather forecast for next week, raining every day,so looks like I will be pushing the bike too, better save some energy, as I am starting in Newcastle, first stop Bewick upon Tweed.

Btw Thanks for tip.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just seen the weather forecast for next week, raining every day,so looks like I will be pushing the bike too, better save some energy, as I am starting in Newcastle, first stop Bewick upon Tweed.

Btw Thanks for tip.

It's been generally dry up here and the trails have dried out nicely, so you might be OK.

You should be able to follow the route, the signposting is quite good.

Worth bearing in mind the path runs beside the hedges of the fields, so while the signpost might look as if it isn't pointing to anything, that is the 'path'.

I will be interested to hear how you get on.

Bits of it may - or may not - have been improved since I was there best part of two years ago.

What are people's tyre recommendations for this route? Currently considering the traditional route and the newer coastal route - maybe even going up one way and back the other.

My current options are 25mm Duranos, 28mm 4Seasons or 35mm Rapid Robs.

I'm wondering if the latter might be overkill and too sluggish on the tarmac sections, but the 2 road tyres not up to the gravel/grass bits.

Maybe something like this would be a happy medium?

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article...MI0pOa57PE1wIV5jLTCh2QCwNSEAQYAiABEgJuz_D_BwE

Top Bottom