coast road

Discussion in 'Lands End to John O'Groats (LEJOG)' started by bygone era, 14 Apr 2019.

1. bygone era

bygone era Senior Member

why don't more people cyle from le via the road past st just to st ives imo very scenic and quiet

2. Surly Bruce

Surly Bruce Well-Known Member

I can't answer for others, but the three times I've cycled from/to Lands End, I've gone via Penzance. I really like the views of St Michaels Mount. Plus I've ended up at Golant YHA - which always seems a good place to stay.

theloafer likes this.
  3. helston90

helston90 Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.

It's absolutely one of my favorite roads, probably ride it 4/5 times a year, the problem with it is that it's in the middle of nowhere. Just getting to it and getting back is a mission for a lot of people.

Also, come summer it becomes very busy with people who have no idea how to overtake properly.

4. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

I don't know, but I took that road on my Tour de Cornwall before it morphed into LEJOG:smile:.

5. Tigerbiten

Tigerbiten Veteran

Going A30 to Penzance then taking to back roads when the A30 gets silly fast is flatter than going via St Ives, ~1,000' climbing vs ~1,500'.
    Most LEJoG riders are looking to save energy so they can go further that day.

YMMV .......... :biggrin:

burntoutbanger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice