coast to coast anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnRedcoRn

(east to west coast, i believe from robin hoods bay to ??)

i've heard of this ride. after the great north ride on 24th and having watched mark beaumont, i'm looking for my next goal. So could you folk tell me about the above ; distance, time, route, difficulty, need to sleepover en route ?

if thats too ambitious for a relative beginner, what would you recommend ? (maybe i need to make my next goal a 100 mile ride or something, build up gradually. (i'm not going to be a 'racer, i'm more into distance than speed/time, and i dont have a need to conquer steep hills either !)

many thanks, John

AdamBlade

take a look at this site:

http://www.c2c-guide.co.uk/

There is loads of info about it on here. Thinking of doing it myself next year. I would probably go for it over 3 days.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
JohnRedcoRn said:
(east to west coast, i believe from robin hoods bay to ??)

i've heard of this ride. after the great north ride on 24th and having watched mark beaumont, i'm looking for my next goal. So could you folk tell me about the above ; distance, time, route, difficulty, need to sleepover en route ?

if thats too ambitious for a relative beginner, what would you recommend ? (maybe i need to make my next goal a 100 mile ride or something, build up gradually. (i'm not going to be a 'racer, i'm more into distance than speed/time, and i dont have a need to conquer steep hills either !)

many thanks, John

You might be confusing the walking coast to coast route St Bees Head to Robin Hood's Bay with the cycling Coast to Coast Route but really you are spoiled for choice

There's the Coast to Coast (C2C) plus the following coast to coast routes:

Walney to Wear (W2W)(or Whitby)
Hadrian's Cycle Route
Reivers Route
Trans Pennine Cycle Route

Have a gander at the Sustrans Route or Google for the above routes to get more info. Hadrians Cycle Route offers the shortest coast to coast crossing at around 100miles with a further forty or so miles along the west coast to finish off.

I've done the C2C, W2W and Hadrians. Hadrians is the least hilly. Unless you are really fit, an overnight stay or two or three will be needed.

Top Bottom