Coast to Coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
We have had a lot of good rides so far this year, plus a few special ones,The Ellis 50, the track night organised by Adrian Lamb, the london to Cambridge was a real high for me,then the London 100, so where do we go from here, i need something special before the winter gets here, don't want to spend to much on it. Thinking about a coast to coast, any suggestions? around September. thought about this one,
route.jpg

Any one done this and what is it like?

Ajay

Veteran
The general advice would be to go west to east, more chance of favourable tailwind.
Google Way of the Roses, which is the "official" Morecambe to Bridlington route for ideas - I think your route is more interesting though (unless you want to visit York).
I can't see any route detail from your post, but you've lots of options for quiet country roads, tough hills, wild terrain and great pubs...
I know the roads on the western half of the route well, so happy to give further detail if needed

Last edited:
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The general advice would be to go west to east, more chance of favourable tailwind.
Google Way of the Roses, which is the "official" Morecambe to Bridlington route for ideas - I think your route is more interesting though (unless you want to visit York).
I can't see any route detail from your post, but you've lots of options for quiet country roads, tough hills, wild terrain and great pubs...
I know the roads on the western half of the route well, so happy to give further detail if needed
I may well be taking you up on that. we are in the early planning stages a few of our riding buddies are showing some interest, will keep in touch.:thumbsup:

Kbrook

Veteran
Just come back ( yesterday) from the Way of the Roses. Excellent route, never ride on a main road with a couple of good climbs and some interesting tracks through corn fields and the like. Perfectly rideable on a road bike, did it over two days west to east, stopped overnight in Boroughbridge, great hotel. 176 miles in total as there is a slight diversion the first day. If you need more info please ask.

Top Bottom