Coast to coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peanut_77

Hi, I'm looking at doing the coast to coast this year for charity however my chosen charity don't have a package for the coast to coast they will however support me etc.

Can anyone recommend a company who will arrange the route and accommodation etc.

Many thanks
Gavin

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Try the traditional sea-to-sea route and you can book accommodation yourself: http://www.c2c-guide.co.uk/

It's pretty easy to arrange and route follow (it's signposted) tbh; I'm doing it with my youngest.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Way of the Roses is another popular coast to coast ride.
It must be easy, I managed it! I did it east to west, with overnight stops in York and Grassington, both of which have plenty of choice for accommodation and food.
Easy enough to arrange by yourself.

StuartG

slower but further
I'm hoping to do it sometime this year. I just borrowed a book from the library which is based on the Sustrans route plus details of almost every junction and lots on accommodation. Its so much more satisfying to organise it yourself or with a friend or two. Have a read, decide how you want to do it - an athletic two days, a sprightly three days or four or more if you want to relax, explore and enjoy the towns, villages and pubs you pass.

Then come back here - or the Touring section with your ideas and folks will make useful comments and - if you wish ask if anyone would like to join you.

OP
OP
P

Peanut_77

Thanks folks, I'm pretty crap at directions etc and kind of thought that it might be better to have someone transfer my bags etc each day and keep me in the right direction lol I would however assume that financially it would make sense to plan the route myself and get a few people to join in.

Cheers

U

User482

Thanks folks, I'm pretty crap at directions etc and kind of thought that it might be better to have someone transfer my bags etc each day and keep me in the right direction lol I would however assume that financially it would make sense to plan the route myself and get a few people to join in.

Cheers
For accommodation, a story about Bee Cottage on the Waskerley way. Many years ago, we'd spent a tough day cycling into heavy rain and a ferocious headwind (so much for a prevailing westerly!) across the Pennines, and were well behind schedule. It was getting dark and I had just punctured when we finally arrived at Bee Cottage. The owner upgraded us to an en-suite with power shower; opened a barn so I could fix my bike in the dry; washed and dried our clothes; and cooked us a meal (the pubs had stopped serving). The following morning, on discovering that they didn't take cards she told us to post her a cheque. How about that for service...

Top Bottom