coaxial cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
TLDR: Can anyone link me to a reputable supplier of some good quality (indoor) coaxial cable - presumably CT100 if that is the best option?

Background: My aerial (in the loft) looks like the old style. The cable has been run through the ceiling and down the staircase, but has been nailed to the wall (nails have penetrated the cable multiple times). I can't get a signal on some channels sometimes. So rather than get a new aerial or a booster etc, I thought I'd try new caoxial cable first and see if this rectifies. Does this sound sensible? I don't mind paying more for a better shielded cable, there seem to be a lot of cheapy cables pretending to be high quality.

p.s. I don't watch much TV, but when I do I typically don't get a good signal on the channel I have chosen!

Drago

Legendary Member
75ohm I presume? Try Radio world or ML&S websites.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
thanks. The chaps at Radioworld have suggested a 50ohm cable. i don't know what the difference is, or how to find out which ohmage I need?!

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Have you thought about an indoor aerial? We have one of these connected to the upstairs telly,and it picks up all the Freeview channels. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01MAXT66E/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Now I'm even more confused. I asked Radioworld if 50ohms is more suitable than 75ohm, and they replied (in caps) "YES YOU CANNOT USE 75OHMS WITH THIS"

Drago

Legendary Member
Sounds like you got the work experience boy. Shame, cost they're normally fairly good. Thinks the sort of thing that Maplins were ideal for before they went breasts skyward.

75ohm is the correct spec, but in actual practice 50 should be fine unless you're running a mahoosive length.

Last edited:
Top Bottom