Coca Cola as energy drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hmmm just seen this.

I know others have tried 50:50 flat cola and water, but imo its just sugar and caffiene and water. Nothing really beneficial in it. I also seem to remember them saying on ITV4 this year that Cadel Evans is sponsored to drink a can on screen during the race.

If you want sugar, water and minerals/vits then 50:50 orange juice and water is what I use. It wont have the caffiene dehydrating properties cola sometimes has

rusky

CC Addict
I went out for 3o miles & forgot to take a drink. After racking by brains I remembered that CA had done an article of sorts on alternatives to sports energy drinks & remembered coke being in the list.

Stopped at a newsagent & got a bottle, couldn't drink much due to the bubbles & extreme cold of the stuff so had to drink little & often.

I found that I lacked any sort of energy after 30 mins & had to get off & push!!

Dug out the mag when I got home & found that they had said it's a no-no due to the caffine & sugar & will get you buzzing quickly & bring you back down just as fast.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Should be OK. Coca-cola is part of the athletes training intake for the 2012 Olympics.
Food from Macdonalds and Cadburys makes up the remainder.

Top Bottom