Cod Liver Oil - Yuck....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
He shoots, he scores!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
BTW, I suffered from creaky hips for twenty years till me FiL put me on to cod liver oil & glucosamine sulphate. One of each a day and within a month there was a really noticeable improvement. That was a decade ago, and I've not had a problem since. I'm not on some kind of evangelical mission here...just saying, it worked for me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
BTW, I suffered from creaky hips for twenty years till me FiL put me on to cod liver oil & glucosamine sulphate. One of each a day and within a month there was a really noticeable improvement. That was a decade ago, and I've not had a problem since. I'm not on some kind of evangelical mission here...just saying, it worked for me.
My dad's hip joints had crumbled away by the time he was this age (58). He spent the last 25 years of his life hobbling about in great pain and using 2 walking sticks.

By the time I got to 35, my hips were starting to hurt. I had an x-ray done which showed that my joints were already on the way out. I read a few articles suggesting that cod liver oil and glucosamine sulphate supplements might help, so I thought I would try them.

23 years on, and I am still walking about without the aid of sticks. I have no problem doing 10 miles over steep, rugged Yorkshire hills.

I have about the same level of discomfort now that I had back then. I can't prove that the supplements work, but it certainly seems like they do, and I am not going to stop taking them to find out if something nasty will happen! :thumbsup:

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I also take glucosamine suplhate 1500mg tabs each day with my flaxseed oil....well at least I do when i remember. Takes about a month to get in the system and make a difference.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I changed to Omega 3 capsules now. They are supposed to prevent er........

Oh yes, memory loss.
Like that old Cheech & Chong bit about: "People say that dope gives you like short term memory loss man, but....er....um....sorry, where was I?"

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I'm starting to take the cod liver oil due to a bit of stiffness in the neck and according to SWMBO the bottled stuff is more effective than the capsules. Whether or not that's true I don't know but it certainly tastes worse.

Oh no ........ just realised its that time of day again - must run off to take my daily dose xx(

Top Bottom