coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
condiments on offer maple syrup and vanilla sugar Home made, whole or semi milk from dorset..

OP
OP
B

bonj2

*ristrettos all round*

it's good this coffee shop, i open it up and other people take over and do all the serving- all i have to do is put my feet up :eek:

Abitrary

bonj said:
*ristrettos all round*

it's good this coffee shop, i open it up and other people take over and do all the serving- all i have to do is put my feet up ;)

Yes that's right, you just sit there with your feet on the table, whilst worthwhile decent people bring you the most delicious coffee in the world and lots of choccy biskwits.

Life isn't just about hedonism my friend.

Abitrary

bonj said:
it is as long as you can get away wtih it.

I think you are being a bit 'louche' with your new thread Bonj. You think that it will run and run purely on the strength of your brand.

And compete with 'Tea?'. Be careful. You haven't done any marketing.

If I go to the Tea thread, I get a no-bullshit cup of tea and biscuit, with decent people from a demographic I'm comfortable with.

What is *your* marketing plan mate? Please don't tell me it's Coffee Because It's Bonjes?

Because people won't buy it.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:
I think you are being a bit 'louche' with your new thread Bonj. You think that it will run and run purely on the strength of your brand.

And compete with 'Tea?'. Be careful. You haven't done any marketing.

If I go to the Tea thread, I get a no-bullshit cup of tea and biscuit, with decent people from a demographic I'm comfortable with.

What is *your* marketing plan mate? Please don't tell me it's Coffee Because It's Bonjes?

Because people won't buy it.

My marketing strategy is as thus:
if it takes off, and I'm not expecting it to overtake any time soon, but even if it accelerates faster than 'Tea?', then it will simply prove that coffee is a better drink than tea.
It if dies of death, it will simply prove that the idea of virtualising coffee/tea is a misnomer.
In other words, for 'coffee' it can't lose. It's the best of both worlds - if it doesn't take off, it means that what TYPE of virtual drink it's supposedly about is completely irrelevant to the success of the thread, but if it DOES take off, it can only be because coffee is a better drink on the grounds that the 'Tea?' thread already has past and present success going for it.
I see 'Tea?' as a bit of a greasy spoon, with lots of builders having bacon sarnies, whereas 'coffee' is a more upmarket establishment altogether, where the inhabitants set the world to rights rather than simply natter meaningless 1small talk.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Can I have a cafe corretto please?
Don't understand?
It's an espresso with a shot of grappa in it.
S'good.
You knock that up and I'll get you some Earl Grey on the go. It's all good.

Abitrary

bonj said:
My marketing strategy is as thus:
if it takes off, and I'm not expecting it to overtake any time soon, but even if it accelerates faster than 'Tea?', then it will simply prove that coffee is a better drink than tea.
It if dies of death, it will simply prove that the idea of virtualising coffee/tea is a misnomer.
In other words, for 'coffee' it can't lose. It's the best of both worlds - if it doesn't take off, it means that what TYPE of virtual drink it's supposedly about is completely irrelevant to the success of the thread, but if it DOES take off, it can only be because coffee is a better drink on the grounds that the 'Tea?' thread already has past and present success going for it.
I see 'Tea?' as a bit of a greasy spoon, with lots of builders having bacon sarnies, whereas 'coffee' is a more upmarket establishment altogether, where the inhabitants set the world to rights rather than simply natter meaningless 1small talk.

dunno, I'd like to believe you, and I have in the past made 'throwaway' comments about Tea? being over.

But LOTTP sent me a withering smiley which made me giggle at first, until I realised its intent.

You go for it mate, and best of luck. But if it gets evil, then I will need to review my personal circumstance before I support anyone.

Top Bottom