Coffee ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..how come this thread is so scrawny? (compared to the Beer and Tea that is..) :shy:

Yesterday my OH brought home a tiny box with Starbucks' Italian Roast.. tiny sachets but seriously strong and so aromatic! Very impressed (as Starbucks is usually not my cup of.. tea :laugh:) !! But he is not a coffee fan, so he doesn't know how to do things properly.. I rectified the issue today.. Got to the pastry shop and got provisions!

DSC_0215.jpg

imagesCAGPPEWN.jpg

.. now that's a coffee break!! :mrpig:

thom

____
..how come this thread is so scrawny? (compared to the Beer and Tea that is..) :shy:
I think coffee is not drunk for the same reasons as tea. Coffee is a bit like a spark plug, an intrinsic necessity to existence, something that drives you to do stuff, to achieve and make progress. Tea on the other hand is a bit more of a drink to sit round and natter, lounge and chat. So I suspect people here who drink coffee have better things to do with their time, rather than deciding whether they'll have one lump or two... :whistle:

I think coffee is not drunk for the same reasons as tea. Coffee is a bit like a spark plug, an intrinsic necessity to existence, something that drives you to do stuff, to achieve and make progress. Tea on the other hand is a bit more of a drink to sit round and natter, lounge and chat. So I suspect people here who drink coffee have better things to do with their time, rather than deciding whether they'll have one lump or two... :whistle:

I feel very special already!! :hugs:

Cake anybody?

Of course - that's another thing, cake goes best with coffee, tea drinkers tend to take the biscuits...

Biscuits are fine.. But when was the last time anybody got excited over a biscuit? :huh:
To the tea drinkers' defense though I have to say.. I've seen (and tasted) some real "masterpieces in proper tea rooms!!! But it looks like the tea room culture is dying for some reason! (and the coffee culture isn't growing enough..)

I have to say, one of the things I miss here in England is the coffee (selling not serving) shops. And by that I mean the little shops that sell any coffee blend available, coffee accessories, proper coffee machines, etc. And ofcourse the coffee they're selling is ground on the spot! And, OMG, the aroma in there... :wub:
Anyways.. When I have time but importantly the conditions to enjoy my coffee I make my proper, old fashion way, cappuccino. That is with my Bialetti Brikka and Milk Frother. Perfect coffee without the outrageous spending.. good excersise as well.. :whistle:

brikka.jpg

imagesCANJGB2W.jpg

thom

____
I have to say, one of the things I miss here in England is the coffee (selling not serving) shops. And by that I mean the little shops that sell any coffee blend available, coffee accessories, proper coffee machines, etc. And ofcourse the coffee they're selling is ground on the spot! And, OMG, the aroma in there... :wub:
Anyways.. When I have time but importantly the conditions to enjoy my coffee I make my proper, old fashion way, cappuccino. That is with my Bialetti Brikka and Milk Frother. Perfect coffee without the outrageous spending.. good excersise as well.. :whistle:
I'm lucky, living close to a foodie part of London and a Monmouth Coffee outlet. But you pay for it...
Black is my preference and arabica beans as filter coffee. Are you from the US ? It's funny, some friends moved back from Charlottesville to Cambridge a few months ago and are missing the general foodie culture, which is something of a surprise for Cambridge.

I'm lucky, living close to a foodie part of London and a Monmouth Coffee outlet. But you pay for it...
Black is my preference and arabica beans as filter coffee. Are you from the US ? It's funny, some friends moved back from Charlottesville to Cambridge a few months ago and are missing the general foodie culture, which is something of a surprise for Cambridge.

You're so lucky!! That is one of the (quite a few) disadvantages of living in the country! Especially since I was a city girl all my life! It's just hard to adjust.. but then I take my bike and go for a ride next to the river and I feel very grateful!
It just means I do have to visit London (as well as Cambridge for that matter) once or twice a month for provisions: food (yes, I miss the foodie culture as well), spices, wine and .. perfume :shy: . I think I will visit Monmouth Coffee next time. I saw a couple of stores that are quite convenient really!
I like black as well.. occasionally I treat myself to a cappuccino but I can't stand the rubish ones most coffee shops sell!! Arabica is gooood! I like!! :thumbsup: As well as some Colombian and Equatorian blends!
Do you have a grinder or you have it done at MC?

thom

____
Do you have a grinder or you have it done at MC?
I have one of the KRUPS burr grinders but yes MC will grind it if you want.
Right, now for some exercise some justify some coffee and cake!

postman

Legendary Member
I'll be in as soon as the School run is over,and mothers playtime is finished and when the waiter has cleaned up that spillage caused by the rugrats running around unsupervised.

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru

Yesterday my OH brought home a tiny box with Starbucks' Italian Roast.. tiny sachets but seriously strong and so aromatic! Very impressed (as Starbucks is usually not my cup of.. tea :laugh:) !! But he is not a coffee fan, so he doesn't know how to do things properly.. I rectified the issue today.. Got to the pastry shop and got provisions!

View attachment 13813

View attachment 13814

.. now that's a coffee break!! :mrpig:
Those cakes look lush

Top Bottom