Coffee ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nihal

Veteran
What a lot of specifications about this Coffee? thread.........basically go over to the Tea? for a BIG piece of cake and a weee bit of :cuppa:
:giggle:

I'm not a big cake fan myself. I'd much rather have a nice biscuite with my coffee; either a chocolate biscuite, digestive or a hobnob.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think you should all go and have your coffees in the 'tea' thread! :thumbsup:

But, since this thread is here ...

My older sister came to visit recently and left almost a whole jar of instant coffee granules behind. I normally only drink coffee in cafes, and not the instant stuff.

Anyway, I got up the other day and decided to risk trying this 'coffee'. I got about two sips into it when really nasty things started happening in my mouth. It hadn't taken long enough to be classified as an 'aftertaste', more a foretaste of worse things to come! I threw away the drink, emptied out the jar in case I was ever mad enough to try the stuff again, and brushed my teeth to get rid of the horrible taste. It wasn't enough - I had to use a spoon to scrape coffee napalm off the surface of my tongue! And still the ghastly flavour lingered on ... I ended up chewing gum for two hours to mop up the last molecules of the poison.

Don't buy cheap instant coffee, folks!

Arch

Married to Night Train
NT has black coffee, and I've got used to ordering an Americano in places like Costa and Nero, and being asked "Do you want milk with it", when I understood an Americano to be 'Black coffee'.

Then, this weekend, we were in a cafe where the menu listed "Black Coffee" instead of Americano, and they still asked me if I wanted milk with it!

If I wanted milk, I'd ask for a white coffee!:wacko:

Anyway, no coffee for me at the mo, I'm on tea now.;)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Yes please.

Right now I'd go for a latte, if its ever before 10.00 I may take that as a cappuccino with chocky flakes all over it.

If I'm at home i'll settle for a simple frothy coffee (cafe ole) made with the old fashioned Senseo machine, which makes the best automated coffee I've ever had as its kind of straight filtered and smooth.

Believe it or not, I'm trying to cut down

Nihal

Veteran
NT has black coffee, and I've got used to ordering an Americano in places like Costa and Nero, and being asked "Do you want milk with it", when I understood an Americano to be 'Black coffee'.

Then, this weekend, we were in a cafe where the menu listed "Black Coffee" instead of Americano, and they still asked me if I wanted milk with it!

If I wanted milk, I'd ask for a white coffee!:wacko:

Anyway, no coffee for me at the mo, I'm on tea now.;)
To be more specific.......we like it a tinge Brown here:laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Anyone tried Javan Civet Coffee yet.... xx(

Nope, I've never tried Javan Civet coffee. I'm guessing it's not all that nice. A while ago I bought a jar of rocket fuel instant coffee; t'wasn't a bad coffee at all.

I find a bit of snuff goes well with a mug of coffee. (But then I find a bit of snuff goes well with anything ^_^.)

Top Bottom