Cold and wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Mista Preston said:
Ant, whats this jacket like in the real cold and wet !. Its described as a softshell, do you ever need a hardshell jacket or does this do?

Nice pic by the way

Dunno what you mean by real cold and wet, haven't had much of that this autumn so far, but it's coped with the conditions we've had very well.

BentMikey said:
Dunno what you mean by real cold and wet, haven't had much of that this autumn so far, but it's coped with the conditions we've had very well.

I guess i mean if it p***ed down does it cope and the same with the wind.

I must say for the price I would hope it would. I need a new jacket and this may fit the bill !

Ant - you should send that pick to Endura....i reckon that would make the catalogue ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Certainly got the extreme rain this weekend - no problems. Haven't yet had loads of rain and extreme cold together yet, it was 9 degrees or so on Saturday. I would expect no problems though, the jacket is very warm.

So I thought there would be some value to pulling this post back up given the time of year and weather etc.

Last year I ummed and rrred about the Endura Stealth Jacket and didnt buy one which I regretted the whole winter. So i went and got one the other day for last nights friday night ride.

I am typically a cold person and normally would wear alot of layers on a ride like this . The weather was cold, the wind blowed and it chucked it down for at least 4 hours. I had a base and a SS jersey then my Stealth. The jacket performed well. It did not appear to leak although my upper arms got a little cold in the latter stages but I have to say just a bit of movement and this jacket warms up and then regulates your temperature well. The 4 zip vents came in handy especially when you are going up a hill then down again.

So it is not a cheap jacket but personally I would totally recommend.

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
Holy thread resurrection batman!

I have more equipment now than back then so the only extremeties to worry about is judging the weather before a ride and deciding on the winter gloves/overshoes nowadays.

I am tempted though to try some dedicated winter boots though (SPD-SL) as opposed to another pair of shoes with socks/overshoes.

photography27

[QUOTE 826369"]

Might be cold for the first couple of minutes but you soon heat up and the exposure that your legs have keeps the body temp about right imo.
[/quote]

this is great advice, its so so true

a_n_t

Holy thread resurrection batman!

I know! I was just about to tell you to get a stealth but realised I already did............... last year!! :smile:

One thing I would say about it now is that after 5/6 washes its waterproof qualities aren't as good
but I'm going to start using soap flakes and after a re-proof for the winter it should be back to normal.

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
Did you get a pro photographer to snap that pic ant?

Truly great advertising shot!

I know! I was just about to tell you to get a stealth but realised I already did............... last year!! :smile:

One thing I would say about it now is that after 5/6 washes its waterproof qualities aren't as good
but I'm going to start using soap flakes and after a re-proof for the winter it should be back to normal.

well it was you and Mikey who sewed the seed for me to get this jacket and Garz original post and it was the same time of year last year so I thought it was only fair to pull the thread back up as it may help others !

Top Bottom