Cold and wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
jimboalee said:
Windchill1.45kcals/minWIND CHILL !!

New Horizon, is -5.92 close enough to -6 deg C ?

Ha, I'd forgotten just how good my brain is to have arrived at that rounded up figure in a nano-second without even consciously thinking about it - I'm impressed by myself!

a_n_t

Garz said:
Nice pic a n t (that a peaked cap under the helm btw?).

yeah, just a wheelers cotton cap.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've just bought one of Wiggle's new 2010 dhb Finchdean jackets:

dhb-finchdean-ls-2010-med.jpg

Wore it on Sunday for a hilly 55 miler in cold damp conditions and with a smelly Helly underneath it was perfect, never too hot or too cold, it sheltered me from the cold wind but allowed sweat to evaporate. Bottom half was dhb 3/4 bib tights.

jimboalee

Been speaking with Occupational Health.

Apparently, ( never believe a sentence which starts with 'Apparently' ) there are a lot of people walking around with a very mild dose of Swine flu, unaware they have it.

Apparently, this flu has a wide range of symtoms effect, depending on the patient's state of health. Some folks are "just seem to be feeling the cold recently", while others are laid up helpless for a week.

Downward

Guru
jimboalee said:
Been speaking with Occupational Health.

Apparently, ( never believe a sentence which starts with 'Apparently' ) there are a lot of people walking around with a very mild dose of Swine flu, unaware they have it.

Apparently, this flu has a wide range of symtoms effect, depending on the patient's state of health. Some folks are "just seem to be feeling the cold recently", while others are laid up helpless for a week.

I have a cold, sore Throat, Bit of a Temperature today too ! Great

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with me!

Oink oink grunt grunt squeeeeeeeal.

No Sir.

(On a serious note - yes, of course, for every person who has succumbed to swine flu there are probably 50 who have got the virus and whose natural immunity is just fighting it off. They say you get 10 viral infections a year without even realising it)

Rigid Raider said:
I've just bought one of Wiggle's new 2010 dhb Finchdean jackets:

dhb-finchdean-ls-2010-med.jpg

Wore it on Sunday for a hilly 55 miler in cold damp conditions and with a smelly Helly underneath it was perfect, never too hot or too cold, it sheltered me from the cold wind but allowed sweat to evaporate. Bottom half was dhb 3/4 bib tights.

I think the red one suits you best!

Didn't know you were a male model! :hyper:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
a_n_t said:
2 words............ endura stealth.

3'c on saturday morning and all I had on up top was that and a baselayer, toasty!

7822_176670077072_587602072_3445946_4643675_n.jpg

Have to agree, it's an excellent jacket.

aka0019

On dry days I find a baselayer and jersey is warm enough. The main places I want kept warm are my feet, hands and face. After a couple of mins cycling i'm usually warmed enough anyway

davidg

BentMikey said:
Have to agree, it's an excellent jacket.

this. regret spending £45-50 on a waterproof shell 6 months ago as this is good for everything....

I have the tights which sorted me this morning as well

a_n_t said:
2 words............ endura stealth.

3'c on saturday morning and all I had on up top was that and a baselayer, toasty!

7822_176670077072_587602072_3445946_4643675_n.jpg

Ant, whats this jacket like in the real cold and wet !. Its described as a softshell, do you ever need a hardshell jacket or does this do?

Nice pic by the way

Top Bottom