Cold, Cold, Cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rnscotch

Veteran
Boy was it cold this morning 5:30am and it was -3 took quite a few miles before i was warmed up I'm glad i decided to put my fleece lined tights on this morning.

My toes started to freeze up after about 8 miles and i thought my ears where going fall off need to look out my skull cap.

What do you folks wear on cold frosty morning?

Pompey Princess

Veteran
14 degrees down here on the south coast but chucking it down with rain :evil:

OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
Yeah we had the wind & rain yesterday, wet i can handle but freezing feet and ears makes me want to cry like a little wuss.
160.png

It was probably about +3 in Glasgow, but is was a beautiful morning for cycling. These are the commutes I live for! :evil:

PBancroft

Catrike UK said:
Wind, rain, ice? I laugh at them.
soft.jpg

Isn't that one of the vehicles they used in Spielberg's AI?

Where does the engine go?

And more seriously... do you find you get more or less respect/space when you're using that than on a standard 'bent?

Kaipaith said:
Isn't that one of the vehicles they used in Spielberg's AI?

Where does the engine go?

And more seriously... do you find you get more or less respect/space when you're using that than on a standard 'bent?

People treat you as a motor vehicle, one with spikes sticking out of it, they seem scared to drive anywhere near you. It is similar to the effect when on a trike but more so.

hackbike 6

Don't think it's that cold here but I am going to get soaked on todays (birthday) commute.Don't really feel in the mood for work today though.

hackbike 6

Thanks BM and Magna.Yes work many Sundays as trains run on sundays.Put all my leave into November anyway.Got soaked on commute but it wasn't too bad.No other bikes here ironically.

Trillian

jeans, t shirt, hoodie - the usual really!

thicker socks, an old Tog fleece that was my dad's in the 80's, sometimes thats substituted for a thick wooly jumper, sometimes have a base layer on instead.

got my waterproof biking jacket too and a thin knitted hat to go under my helmet.

Top Bottom