Cold feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I know that strictly speaking this thread should be somewhere other than Vintage / Classic bikes but its my feet that l am referring to and they are definitely "vintage".
I have just got back from a 25 km ride on a fairly dull day with temperature around 2c. and my feet are bl...dy cold. Lets face it, cycling shoes or trainers and thin socks aren't much use in these conditions, so has anyone got advice on how to avoid freezing your toes off !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Merino socks.
Oversocks / overshoes.
Toe covers.
Winter shoes / boots.

Or a combination of all four @woodbutcher depending upon the temperature. I'm in the hills in West Yorkshire and it gets :cold: here *

* at which point I put leggings on over the shorts :tongue:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Merino socks.
Oversocks / overshoes.
Toe covers.
Winter shoes / boots.

Or a combination of all four @woodbutcher depending upon the temperature. I'm in the hills in West Yorkshire and it gets :cold: here *

* at which point I put leggings on over the shorts :tongue:
Thanks DC Lane and you just jogged my memory.....l have a pair of "Sealskin" overshoes which are living in the bottom of a drawer somewhere and l completely forgot about them :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Winter cycling boots. You can get road, MTB and 'flat' soles - you may be looking at flat ones if using on retro bikes without clipless.

Wouldn't be without my Winter MTB shoes - use them most of the time, unless quite dry. Great at keeping mud and water off, as well as toasty feet.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Winter boots.

Mike_P

Guru
Are there any boots which have a wide openings that are tightened once the boots are on? I struggle with most non cycling boots typically finding them impossible to put on.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Sorry, I was looking for pictures of Hermione Norris :smile:
Happy to oblige ^_^
Hermione-Norris-MAIN.jpg

Top Bottom