Cold feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dormouse

The season of frozen toes is rapidly approaching so please can I have some recommendations for overshoes to fit over leisure type cycling shoes. They need to be warm, fairly waterproof and durable, preferably with strong , e.g. YKK zips.

I tried Endura MTB ones last winter but one of the zips failed after only four weeks light use:angry: so I need to look again.

Noodley

Sorry I can't offer advice, but did you not send the Endura overshoes back for a replacement pair?

OP
OP
D

Dormouse

Noodley: Yes I sent them back to Wiggle who gave me my money back, no problem. I broke the zip toggle on my Altura Night Vision jacket last night so it will be going back too.

BFB: I won't be walking in them much so may be give the Nike's a try.

Walker: will check out PX

Thanks for that.

Does anyone have a pair that they have worked well for several years and that can still be bought new?

walker

£40 on one pair of pretty average overshoes or £20 for a pair of pretty average overshoes.

I'd rather get 2 pairs of pretty average overshoes. And I'm talking Adidas here as well

I used a pair of Altura Stream overshoes last winter and found they performed as well as the Assos and Nike ones I've used previously. They cost £20 but fasten with velcro rather than a zip. In my experience though, keeping feet dry and warm during winter has more to do with choice of socks than overshoes.

Hugo15

Über Member
Warburton has hit the nail on the head. It's good socks you should be worrying about. I have some Assos merino wool socks. They are fantastic. Coupled with some bog standard neoprene overshoes cold feet are a thing of the past.

Bigtallfatbloke

keeping feet dry and warm during winter has more to do with choice of socks than overshoes

True...I agree..Iwear x2 pairs socks even now. The reason I use overshoes is to keep the roadshoes dry...I suppose I could wear my socks outside the shoes...but then they would be over socks I suppose...ok I'll shut up now 'cos it's clear to me I dont know what I am talking about:biggrin:

Top Bottom