Cold week ahead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
We always have our BBQ's in the winter, far better when it is cold plus an excuse to drink Russian Standard vodka.

One of the best BBQs I ever went to was one Boxing Day, one of those crisp frosty Norfolk days with cloudless blue skies and temps well below freezing. The frost (a hoar frost?) had turned all the trees white with a thick coating of ice l- it was magical. (and the brandy was great too)!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Looks like we're in for some proper winter weather later next week. Only 3 or 4 months of this to go! This from the Met Office Site....

UK Outlook for Wednesday 24 Nov 2010 to Friday 3 Dec 2010:
The period will begin cold, with many central and western areas having some bright or sunny spells. Wintry showers will affect eastern areas, particularly along the coast but these will extend inland at times. The showers will start turning to snow even at lower levels at times. During the first weekend, there is a risk of more widespread sleet and snow for a time, with the possibility of some significant accumulations in places. The cold or very cold conditions are likely to continue into the second week, with widespread overnight frosts and the risk of icy surfaces. There is a chance as we move into December that southern and southwestern parts will become more unsettled as rain, sleet and snow try to push up from the south.

Brrrr...

thats a typical summers day up here :smile: bunch of shirt lifters the lot of ye
tongue.gif

OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
:biggrin:
You've definately got a point. In Cambridge I spotted a cyclist wearing gloves in July, and the first woolly bobble hat appeared perched atop another's head in mid August! :ohmy:.

ThePainInSpain

OI - PainInSpain.............where is our invite to stop over for some winter sun ? Sheesh............

Whenever you want. We only have a 1 bed finca, but it's on almost an acre of land. So you can pitch your tent under any of the orange trees, pear trees, apple trees, olive tree, fig trees, quince trees, nispero trees, granada trees (that's pomegranate), or next to the prickly pears, take your pick (no pun intended). :tongue:

But be warned it may be sunny during the day, but it's bloody cold and damp at night, down to about 6 or 8c at around 5am.

See ya'll soon :tongue:

-25 has been forecast for next week in Oslo! :eek:

Cold weather coming all the way from Siberia! :sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
But be warned it may be sunny during the day, but it's bloody cold and damp at night, down to about 6 or 8c at around 5am.

:tongue:

What its not been above 2-3 c in the daytime this week, not as cold as Dayvo but cold if you have been sitting on a fork truck in an unheated ware houses half the night and start off cold.

Top Bottom