cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Was a bit cold in the welsh valleys for todays ride into work. Body and legs were ok, but the ears and nose was a bit cold bbbbrrrrrrr

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Was a bit cold in the welsh valleys for todays ride into work. Body and legs were ok, but the ears and nose was a bit cold bbbbrrrrrrr

MTFU :biggrin:

BSRU

A Human Being
I was fine apart from my toes were a little frozen, but then my summer shoes are not that great when it's only 7 degrees.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
7degs in SE London this morning for the commute so not tooo bad..
still stuck with SS jersey and fingerless gloves.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Wusses.

I'm still in shorts, T-shirt, and fingerless mitts.

I did buy this in readiness. Wore it yesterday, but had to take it off after a few minutes; it's lovely and toasty warm.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Beautiful morning today, but coldest commute yet for me – was 5°C here in Central Scotland (confirmed by a colleague who lives nearby and chooses to drive to work).

Decided to stick with my shorts, since I reckon my recently purchased LIDL's longs would have been too hot :whistle: and even wearing them correctly (aye, recently gone sans-undies) my lower half was fine. Top half was long-sleeved cycling top, gillet and my regular lightweight wind and water-proof day-glo top, and it was OK, if actually a little hot at the end of my 55 minute commute. Might need to look at a compression base layer thingy underneath, and leave out the gillet.

My fingers, toes and lower face/neck though were cold... it seems LIDL's gloves were a waste of money (albeit very little money), I'll need to experiment with 2 pairs of socks, and since the temperatures are set to drop over the coming weeks and months, I ought to invest in a buff (or something similar) to keep my lower face and neck warm... never ever had one, but cycling in the buff sounds, er, interesting :blush:

Out of interest, in what way is a buff different from a scarf?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Out of interest, in what way is a buff different from a scarf?

Not sure, but I think a buff is usually a tube, whereas a scarf is a strip.

BSRU

A Human Being
Wusses.

I'm still in shorts, T-shirt, and fingerless mitts.

I did buy this in readiness. Wore it yesterday, but had to take it off after a few minutes; it's lovely and toasty warm.

I'm a wuss and proud of it.

Saw a guy in shorts and t-shirt this morning waiting at some lights, his shivering and obvious discomfort made me glad I left the SS top at home, although will pick it up at lunch time and use it later this afternoon when I commute home.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Angelfish......i did MTFU and rode in my long bib tights, ss shirt, fingerless mits.

But my ears were a tad cold when decending.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I was joking mate. It looked bloody cold this AM I must say. A buff would be a good buy for this time of year :smile:

I cant stand having stuff around my face and mouth though, mite just get a skull cap or ear warmer type head thingy lol

Top Bottom