England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

onwards and upwards

@
SatNavSaysStraightOn thanka for showing me the way into the cafe, I wouldnt of had a clue lol. Hope you enjoyed your evening.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I felt properly tired last night! I normally go to sleep at about 03:00 but conked out just before midnight yesterday. I got woken up an hour early because I had forgotten about the clocks going forward.

I am a bit stiff and sore this morning but the forecast here is for another sunny day, only less windy, so I might go out and do a slow ride to make the most of it.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That was a great day out.:thumbsup: Thanks @ColinJ for organising it and everyone else for the company.

My photography was a bit poor this time - I didn't take as many shots as usual and the ones I did were a bit rushed. I did like this one though:
DSC0000630.jpg

Snipe likes @potsy.

Just to echo everyones thanks to Col for organising a great ride, and it was fantastic to see him looking so fit and healthy. Lovely to see such a fantastic turnout and meet so many new faces, hope everyone made it all the way round without incident. Nice to ride with TF , Dr.P, kiwiSal and Steve again for much of the ride.
The head wind back from Glasson over the Forest of Bowland was a real killer on my return leg and what with a lack of winter fitness I was really struggling on even some of the smaller ascents, mind you I was buggered after the trough ascent:laugh: Worth it for the descent though, GPS showing a cockhair under 70kph.

Total distance 139km http://www.brytonsport.com/mapTrackView?id=5334243 :bicycle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

70 kph = 43 mph. I did the same speed off the Trough, as did STASS, because I was riding behind and didn't overtake him.

I didn't want to go any faster because the road was damp in places, and there was a fair amount of gravel lying about, not to mention the risk of vehicles suddenly appearing from nowhere, as experienced by you! :thumbsup:

Pjays666

Über Member
Thanks to tubby cyclist for his patience and also to everyone in the slow group including Colin, coffeejo and rickshaw Phil who had to keep stopping and waiting for me, much appreciated. Despite being knackered when I got back, after a good feed and sleep feel great today. Really need to get some weight off now so watch this space. Thanks all for the company and nice to finally put some faces to the names. Hopefully see you all soon on another ride

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Thanks to tubby cyclist for his patience and also to everyone in the slow group including Colin, coffeejo and rickshaw Phil who had to keep stopping and waiting for me, much appreciated. Despite being knackered when I got back, after a good feed and sleep feel great today. Really need to get some weight off now so watch this space. Thanks all for the company and nice to finally put some faces to the names. Hopefully see you all soon on another ride
I had been riding 3 or 4 years before I tackled a route like that, so I thought you did pretty well after just over a year of riding.

I was saying yesterday that people had been waiting for me on my forum rides over the years leading up to my illness, so the least I can do now is to wait for slower riders. I know what it feels like. Somebody has to be a slowish rider ... if not, we would be having a race! :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
A few more random pics, including the star of the show car park
Hello.jpg

The things people dump in the countryside

dumped.jpg

Thankfully my brakes were working well as we came down this

Eeek.jpg

New experience for us outside diners, having to hold onto your food to stop it blowing away, luckily we employed the 5 second rule when the wind did snatch it from the plate

Mmmm.jpg

Videos continued.

#3 Continuing the run down to Glasson Dock. I'd lost all the riders I was with after stopping to retrieve the water bottle. I didn't catch up with the fast group until they stopped at red lights in Galgate.

#4 Arriving at the Lantern o'er the Lune cafe in Glasson Dock. Time for beans on toast with cheese. Managed to find whose bidon it was.

#5 My two cycling buddies and I headed off first from the cafe. I bonked at Longridge and let them go ahead while i filled up with liquid carbs. Fifteen minutes later i was on my way again but by myself until the Ribchester hump, when I was caught by the fast group. Then had a nice tow in and chatted with @dr_pink and saw @robjh again.

I think that's all the decent stuff i can pull of the card. If I find anything else i'll stick it up.

Look forward to other pics and vid.

:hello:

Top Bottom