College Campus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

This campus makes up 5% of my journey by distance, yet most of the hazards I see are within it's confines. It's riddled with scooters and new/learner drivers, as well as a couple flocks of "sheep"... (suicidal peds, who seemingly want to get hit by a bike - just today, i had a group of guys on a welding course actually wait until I was close by them, before they stepped out.)

The reason I point out about the two cars turning without indicating is that approximately 95% of cars don't indicate at that junction, and 75% turn right at that junction. Last year, a car didn't indicate, and I ended up sprawled upon their windscreen, with a written off bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYwbfFxrTok

I'd also like to hijack my own thread and make a small complaint about scooters - does anyone else find them really irritating? I've only had two situations in the past year where I had a complaint about their road skills - or lack thereof - It's just that the damn things are unnessecarilly loud - and not even plesant sounding. It could just be that at night, when you're trying to go to sleep, and a swarm of them ride past, breaking you out of the transition between awakeness and the land of nod.... they do this repeatedly.....

Considering the power output of one of these things compared to a car, I see no reason why they are as loud as they are.

rant over.

I'd also like to hijack my own thread and make a small complaint about scooters - does anyone else find them really irritating? I've only had two situations in the past year where I had a complaint about their road skills - or lack thereof - It's just that the damn things are unnessecarilly loud - and not even plesant sounding. It could just be that at night, when you're trying to go to sleep, and a swarm of them ride past, breaking you out of the transition between awakeness and the land of nod.... they do this repeatedly.....

Considering the power output of one of these things compared to a car, I see no reason why they are as loud as they are.

rant over.

I like scooters. I use them for pacemaking on the journey back from the town centre.
Not so sure any of them like the fat bloke on a bike in their mirrors though.
You are right about the noise though. Think its also been said about Harleys - a way of converting fuel into noise.

Just from the noise I thought I was being passed by some sort of flatbed truck/van this morning. Turned into a BMW M series as it went past.

Top Bottom