England : North Yorkshire Colomba Chemo Classic, Sat 10th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Anyone else entered? - there's about 360 registered but no other Cycle Chat member.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

I'll be on the Secteur - identifiable by a white helmet with green stripes, probably descending at stupid speeds after going up like a slug. No. 178.

Just hoping that being ill with a stomach bug this week won't make too much of a difference xx(

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Just a note to say this this was worth doing; a cold start but there were 400+ there with riders starting between 8 and 9.30am. I started around 8.30 since I was a bit slow in getting moving this am.

It was as they advertised; hilly, but with lots of well-spaced regular hills and great views. However, riders had a choice towards the end; Hard, which went up some horrible climbs, or Easy, which went ????? , Guess which I chose :crazy:

Despite a puncture, which didn't want to be fixed, I enjoyed the run out. The roads were damp though, so the Secteur looks black/brown/bracken-covered. It also meant the descents had to be taken carefully. I'd not fully recovered from being ill so chose to take it easy, rather than pull out - going round in 4 1/2 hours excluding puncture/food stops.

Also good were the feed station (hot drinks, soup, home-made flapjacks & sausage rolls) with happy ladies staffing them plus a track pump :bravo:. I had 3 flapjacks, they were that good :mrpig:. At the end there was pie/baked potato/beans for riders plus more hot drinks :hungry: .

Given this was a charity ride, for £15 the organisers/helpers should be congratulated.

And yes, I'd recommend doing it in 2013.

Punctures seemed to be the order of the day, I think there was 6 riders from our club riding today and at least 4 of them punctured.
But all had a great day out. I think I will do this one next year ( work permitting)

Addict R3

I did this ride today, really enjoyed it. Here's my report

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/colomba-chemo-classic-2012-my-ride-t30717.html

Looking forward to next year already.

Talc1976

Great day, very well organised and the Pie and Beans at the end was very well recieved. Everyone i met was very friendly and the route was excellent,all in all a great day and i will defo be there next year.

Top Bottom