Colour schemes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrslow

Regular
Hi all I'm looking to get a new bike in summer but all the bikes I'm looking at have quite boring colour schemes, i love the old 80's bikes with a few different colours on does anybody know anyone that produces any interesting paint jobs (under £1000)?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No. These days you get boring.

My new (ish) bike I had painted red. My old bikes I picked the colour and how it was painted. My best bike was done in a metallic pearl white and a blue fade. Cost of those jobs now are a few hundred.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have a new bike beside me here, it is certainly not boring.

If you cannot find a paint scheme you like, you could buy at a price that allows for a repaint to your ideals.

OP
OP
M

mrslow

Regular
I was thinking about going down the repaint route, you can get some great deals from the online retailers but they all look the same, what scheme have you got on yours screenman?

screenman

Legendary Member
I was thinking about going down the repaint route, you can get some great deals from the online retailers but they all look the same, what scheme have you got on yours screenman?

Which one, I have 5 here. The one beside me is the red and white Focus Evo 5 do a Google image and it should show the scheme.

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
Just taken delivery of my news kouta and I love the colour scheme. image.jpg

mustang1

Guru
I'm not affiliated with these guys, never used them nor do I know anyone who used them. I found them from a quick google search. I guess if you bought a bike for £600, spent £50 shipping, £100 rebuild, £250 for some pretty nice paint jobs, maybe you'd be all set. Its something I might explore coz I want a custom paint job for my next bike too.

http://www.enigmabikes.com/pages/paint-works

MrDaveCee

Regular
I know Mango Bikes allow you to create custom coloured bikes. From what I've seen from a fellow l've subscribed to on YouTube who has a couple of pretty whacky multicoloured bikes, you can select the colour for each different part of the bike. May be worth checking out?

vickster

Legendary Member
This isn't too boring

http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/road-bikes#!=&g_manufacturer=viner

Cubes and focus tend to be more multi coloured, evans use some lairy colours on their pinnacle range, Planet X offer bright red and blue, but single colour, there's one brand that has some multi coloured more retro colour schemes, but I'm struggling to remember which, I thought it was cinelli?

Or you could just buy a retro bike and get it refurbed if needed @biggs682

Last edited:
I think I've read that Trek offer your own choice of colour scheme on some models.

Agree with OP, most modern bikes are dull, dull, dull. If I was choosing a dream +1 I'd go for a custom steel build with a lovely sparkly metallic.

bpsmith

Veteran
Colour schemes follow demand. If nobody wanted Matte Black, then nobody would sell them. Clearly there are a number of people very happy with the choices available. Many of which probably wouldn't buy a bike if it had a number of bright colours to it.

Top Bottom