Columbia Tourist V

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebuild1961

Hello all. Found this in neighbors garage. Cannot find serial number, also cannot find history on this model with the cables running thru the frame, looks all original, suntour equipped. Any info appreciated, tks.

Attachments

• 0624211204.jpg
    0624211204.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 13

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Does your neighbour know you are finding things in their garage? ;)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Both interesting bikes and would make good run arounds but no great value I would think.
Were mostly Brits on here so wouldn’t be brands were familiar with. However @Gravity Aided is in the States so maybe he’d be able to shed some light.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Ok thanks, I hope my replies are reaching the States. I do the restorations for the fun not the value. I am trying to date the serial number and find out more info on the Columbia, can not find any on internet that have the cables running thru the frame.

AndyRM

XOXO
Those are both really good looking bikes. I particularly like the Columbia. Neither look like they need a great deal of work?

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

No, they are clean, I will replace and degreaser the bearings, clean up the hardware with quad steelwooll also the rims will be cleaned up, check the spokes. I will be busy since these 2 bike have to wait their turn. Working on a few others.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

These are my other projects. Raleigh Record, Schwinn Sprint and a Chicago made Schwinn that I call a Schwinn,-Zo. Used a crank and the rims from a carbolite that I had laying around.

Top Bottom