colwyn bay / Adler Hey hospital.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Can anyone tell me the distance between those two points using cycle paths if at all possible? My grandson asked me to do it with him on July 11th to raise money for the hospital. Before I commit myself, I would like to know how far it is but can only check the distance using road maps. Help please ?

busman

Try mapping it with www.ridewithgps.com I think that allows you to use cycle paths

irw

Quadricyclist
I'm not quite sure how you'd work it in, but the Liverpool Loop Line (aka, the Trans Pennine Trail) goes right by Alder Hey.

Edited to add:
Here's a google maps link showing numerous cycle routes in the area- if you did want to stick to cycle routes, there's kind of two options:
(A) Take the Wirral Way up the west edge of Wirral towards West Kirkby, then round the coastal path via Hoylake/New Brighton, followed by a trip on the ferry over the river- if it's a nice day, there's really no better way to approach the city.
(B) Cut across south Wirral Via Eton towards Runcorn. Over the Runcorn Bridge, then pick up the TPT via Hale and Hunts Cross, which will put you on the Loop Line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom