1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined light and computer

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by HJ, 21 Aug 2007.

1. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

My wife has just arrived home and handed me a combined light set and cycle computer which she picked up at Lidl. Anyone tried one of these?

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

and change from a tenner

how bad can it be ...

3. johnr

johnr Über Member

I've a mate who bought one of their computers last year... he loves it. I've used their lights, not so good. They're not very strong, physically or in terms of brightness. OK for backup if all else fails

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I can't find it on the link, but do you mean that they are sold as a package or that the light and computer is one integrated unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Integrated Keith... great value for a start although the light output might not measure up to some on the market nowadays. For bimbling around at very modest speed - no problem, and a nice way for riders to gain an interest in cycling 'toys' :biggrin:

PS the link does not work - lidl are pretty quick on their changeovers!

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Thanks for the info Aperitif, I've never seen that arrangement so I must look out for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. DustBowlRefugee

DustBowlRefugee Über Member

They've got loads of them in the Lidl in Hastings. Some other good stuff too. I just bought a stand-up trackside type pump with a pressure gauge built in for £2.99. It works too!!