come into abit of ££

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMcGrath

Hello guys, I ride a bianchi via norone 7 and would like to upgrade my wheels to the mavic cosmic carbone sls. Im new to cycling so still learning things. If I was to buy the campag wheels do I get the hubs and cassette with the wheels? if I get them is it straight forward swap or do I need to change pads?? also can I run conti gp4000s tyres with them or are the mavic tyres better?
any1 no what there like to ride on? ok in the rain?

cheers ryan

Cyclist33

1. Do you mean "Mavic" in your third sentence? If so, and generally speaking anyway, you will get the hub but not the cassette. You should get a spacer or two in the pack in case you need it to fit a narrower cassette to a wider hub.
2. "Pads"? Do you mean brake pads? The braking track looks like alloy not carbon so probably not, but ring the sellers to check.
3. Don't know, probably much of a muchness.
4. Don't know.

Nice looking wheels :thumbsup:

If I was to buy the campag wheels do I get the hubs and cassette with the wheels? Hubs yes, cassette no. Skewers? Probably, Rim Tape? Possibly.

If I get them is it straight forward swap or do I need to change pads?? Yes it is, (with a cassette tool and a chain whip). Why would you need to change the pads?

Also can I run Conti GP4000s tyres with them or are the Mavic tyres better? You can run any 700c tyre you like in whatever width your bikes clearances will allow, (definitely 23, possibly 25 if you wish).

Anyone no what there like to ride on? I don't so can't answer. I did have Mavic Ksyrium SL's a while ago, great wheels but check with your LBS about fettling them, mine sends them back to France, hence I don't own them anymore.

OK in the rain? Seriously? If so then the answer is yes!

Top Bottom