Comedy under the lockdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a big fan of most topical comedy shows: Now Show, HIGNFY, Last Leg etc. And the panel games stuff (I can listen to any of the R4 regulars).
The only one I've seen/heard that have nailed the current format restrictions is the Mash Report. Massive thumbs-up to them.

(slightly off-topic but R4 Saturday LIve - with the lovely Rev RIchard Coles - has been very good. I think the presenters sit 5m apart in a regular studio, and many of their guests phone-in normally, so they're not having to change their familiar working methods.)

I luuuuurve Graham Norton - last week's was watchable but a pale pale shadow of the normal format. HIGNFY was just painful to watch. News Quiz (r4 now) is ... not great.

i think anyone who has been on a video call with more than 3 people will sympathise with how hard it would be to keep any interaction/banter fresh!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s sad to watch HIGNFY. They should just postpone it, it just doesn’t work as a video conference.
i cant see these episodes being repeated on Dave.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It’s sad to watch HIGNFY. They should just postpone it, it just doesn’t work as a video conference.
i cant see these episodes being repeated on Dave.
I am persevering with HIGNFY, but you can clearly see the team is struggling.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It takes all sorts. I thought HIGNFY was better without the audience, and the Mash Report desperately needed a scriptwriter.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
News items are in short supply at the moment. It's all Covid related so shows like HIGNFY are going to struggle.

Top Bottom